June 16, 2005

the unpredictable events of my yesterdays

God is a profound playwright. she has written the way my experience unfolds such magnificence that is just utterly remarkable.

had a great weekend with him and now the 3rd day into the week i'm missing his company. not just mary, but his wisecracks and his energy. at noon yesterday, he calls me. says he's coming over. 2 hrs in, i was leveled. i lit a cigarette. time was moving so slow. he says, "dude, that's a cigarette not a clit..."

for the first time, my room was filled with my closest friends in campus. satan, burnout, tc, shaman, jo, fabs...they were all here. burnout was impressed with my mobile pc. satan was singing along to dream theater. fabs was out cold, as usual. it's like there's an auto-shutdown mechanism built into him that activates the moment he lies down on my bed. it was a good time. the calm before the storm.

in the morning, while i was in the shower i thought of her and how nice it would be to see her again. nah, she must be too busy with her final project and all. later in the evening as i was walking back to my block, she passes by in her ride and asks me if i would join her to attend the talentnite show. had a great time. the good talents were good and the bad were outrageously horrendous. they're not bad bad, but they probably have talents in other areas. whatever. she looked stunning and delicious, as always.

later, i retired to my room. decided to have bread and tuna for dinner. watched elektra. reflected a while later. my own auto-shutdown kicked in as i lay down.

now, awake and in need of a shave, i stare at the screen. i have a test at 2 later. last-minute preparations? you bet.

God is a profound playwright...

No comments: